Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pray

Pray for my friend's brother and his family. You can see their inspiring story on the Team Ryan link on my blog list. I can't stop thinking about what they are going through and relating to it in many ways. My last couple of months with my mom were the most difficult of my life--but at the same time so wonderful. I know that might seem strange without having experienced it but my family and I all agree it was a deeply cherished time in our lives. We laughed and cried and grew so close. Those memories are one of my greatest treasures. I've been thinking about those memories alot the last couple of days and I hope this sweet family has peace. I think they do. They have faith. I think I can share this...I want to. A couple of nights before my mom died she had a moment of alertness. She said,"I am totally prepared." She said it a couple of times and couldn't finish the thought. We tried to fill in the blanks with everything but what we knew she was trying to say. We knew. Thanks for indulging me...I know it's kind of sad.

4 comments:

  1. I have been thinking--and crying--about them a lot too. I hope they can have a wonderful experience together as a family just as you did with your mom. Thank goodness families are forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of your friend and his family! Sure hope the memories that they share will be the comfort they need! Our time here on earth is only temporary but our memories LAST forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It's amazing what a terrible thing cancer is. May he and his family be well and experience the tender sweet moments that you had with your mom. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete