Friday, October 16, 2009

More on Italy--The Amalfi coast


Here are some pictures of the spectacular Amalfi coast. I wish my pictures could do it better justice. We drove from Sorrento to the town of Amalfi on this narrow two lane highway. We went first to Positano which is the town built up the hills. It was so beautiful. The streets were narrow and filled with shops and street vendors. We went down to the beach where we swam in the mediterranean sea. The water was clear, blue and warm. We noticed that we floated more than at home which makes us think the water has higher salt content. We rinsed off and ate lunch then were off to Amalfi. I loved Amalfi. It was so quaint and we found this beautiful church where we saw a bride and groom on their wedding day. They pulled up in a cute vintage convertable and walked up the many steps into the church. Then here comes the bride played and the rest is history--I hope they have a wonderful life. Anyways, the day was magical and I loved spending it with my love--I think the Amalfi coast may be one of the most romantic and beautiful places in the world. We also, of course, had gelato. And since I brought it up I might as well say that we ate gelato everyday--some days twice. Some interesting flavors we tried were cantaloupe, fig, apple, lemon(two varieties--one tart and one creamy and sweet), watermelon, nutella, walnut, and then the typical chocolate and strawberry. My favorite was the creamy lemon and cantaloupe and my least favorite was fig. Matt's favorite was the strawberry. We loved the gelato.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Mindy, I love your blog! You did such a good job with it. I am so jealous you got to go to Italy, but of course very happy for you. I can't wait to read what you have coming next :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny--what is it about ice cream and vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julie--you're one of my blogging mentors:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Glad you got to go on your Italy trip. How wonderful! You could send Jake some hints for us! Thanks for sharing your blog with us. It will be nice to see what your cute family is up to...which adventure is next. We had a great time seeing you when we were in town in August. Thanks for hanging out with us and having an entertaining dinner with all the kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW it's so pretty there. I want to go someday! So glad to have your blog now to keep in touch. It was fun to see you this summer!

    ReplyDelete