Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Life is good.

I love my life. It is good. That's not to say nothing every goes wrong in my life--but over all it is a happy life and I wish it could remain how it is. My kids are growing too fast, I am getting older, things are changing here and there i just want things to stay how they are--nice and happy.

So I am the art teacher for Claire's fourth grade class. That's right--31 fourth graders and me learning art together. They claim you need not be artistic, although I do think I am a little bit creative and slightly artistic it is definitely not one of my greater talents. Today we worked on two projects--a spider candy holder and a halloween scene. They did pretty good but we were unable to finish the spider and will be finishing it on friday. It was pretty crazy and it took me a while to come down from the chaos of 31 fourth graders but I enjoyed it and it's nice to get to know Claire's classmates. She was pretty excited to stay and help me clean up after. As much as I would like to think it was because she wanted to be with me, I tend to think it was to get out of class.

I saw Ella on my way to Claire's art and she was sitting at the lunch table with her friends eating lunch and it made me sad. My Ella is in school. Spending more time with her friends and teachers than with me. I miss her. She came and gave me a big hug and that made me feel good.

Carson scored 3 goals in a soccor scrimmage tonight. He was on fire. And one other thing--the other night when I was snuggling Carson for bed he sleepily said, "your the best, mom."

Today a couple of neighbor girls came over to babysit Kade and when I tried to pay them they refused payment saying it was just too easy and he was so good. He seems to have that effect on girls. HEE HEE. He is pretty adorable.

I just got off the phone with Matt. He is traveling a lot for work lately and I miss him. We talked for about a half hour which is pretty good for a non phone talker like matt. We just talked about the interesting and some not interesting things of the day. It's nice to have someone to talk to about my day--even if sometimes he watches TV and I blog while we are talking. Love is grand.

This is why life is good.

5 comments:

  1. life is good!! we miss you and can't wait for the next time we will be lucky enough to she you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly!!! you are a super mom eh!!!! you coach soccer and your the art teacher. I love it. I hope I'm as good as you are!!!. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mindy just saw your blog hope you don't mind me looking. Thanks so much for letting us stay at your place, we had fun in Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so cool you are the art teacher, and you are to creative. i'm glad you guys are so 'good' i just wanna pause my kids right now, it's way too fun sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know why but the vision of Ella sitting at the lunch table brought a tear to my eye! They grow up too fast.

    ReplyDelete