Sunday, May 2, 2010

It's May

I can't believe it's May already. May is a good month. It is the month my mother was born and the month of mother's day. So I have decided that in May I will post a memory or thought about my Mom every day of the month. I haven't really started writing memories of my mom yet and I really want to so I think this will be a good start.

So I just had a memory come to mind the other day that I hadn't thought of for a long time. She came to my first girls camp. I remember being on the hike together and being in a canoe together. For some reason I remember that when we were canoeing I noticed that her legs were really hairy. I know--it's random but that's how I remember it--and who knows--maybe someday it will help me remember that you don't always have to have your legs shaved when you are going to the lake. You know like when you have six little kids and you are leaving 5 of them home to go with your oldest daughter to her first girls camp. That must have been a lot of work and arranging--no time for shaving.

2 comments:

  1. haha i think i take after mom in that aspect...poor brady. i just may still your idea of getting memories down cause i like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!!!! That's a pretty funny memory of mom!!! I love that you remember that!

    ReplyDelete