Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Father in Law

Today is My Father in Law--John's birthday. He passed away about two and a half years ago. I can't believe it's been that long. Anyway, I'm going to interrupt memories of my mom to remember him today. One of my favorite memories of John was a few months before he died. He asked me if I remembered where we were the first time we met. I said yes. It was in Louine's geneology library. I was visiting Ojai for the first time with Matt and we weren't actually dating yet. He had just returned home and came in to the library and that was the beginning of it all. I was so flattered that he remembered--because John has a very good but selective memory. I miss him a lot. He did a lot of good things for a lot of people--and especially our family. He was a great example of hard work and dedication to the things that are important. Happy Birthday John. We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment